Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rhonda Massengill Robert Frost's Poems

“Home Burial” this poem had really touched my heart. We have a man and his wife trying to figure out a way to deal with the lost of their children. The woman feels as if her husband doesn’t understand. Every time she tries to talk to him he turns away or goes outside. I can relate with the same feelings that me and my husband had toward each other. We had suffered the same lost, the lost of a child. I was two and a half months pregnant and I had a miscarriage. I called the hospital and they said there was nothing they could do for me. They said for me to flush the fetus down the toilet. Instead of flushing the fetus down the drain we went at outside and buried the baby. For a long time we never talked about it.

“After Apple-Picking” I love this poem it reminds me of a field trip I took when I was in sixth grade. We went to an apple orchard and they had this huge trough where they made apple cider. I will never forget the smell of those apples brewing in that big trough. We were all allowed to have a cup full of hot apple cider. It was the best thing I had ever tasted when I was a child. We didn’t get soda pop when we were a child it cost too much money.

“The Road Not Taken” this reminds of a parable in the bible. God talks about two roads one is narrow and the other is broad. Narrow road not many will take but straight is the way that leads to the gate. The other road is broad but it leads to the road of destruction. I know I find this to be true. There are very few people that strive to live a Christian life many are busy fulfilling their own selfish desires. I just think God for showing me the right path to go and for leading me.

No comments:

Post a Comment